Multiple Attributes with hatching and color

02-03-2014 06:31 AM
HendrikHövel
New Contributor
Hello,

I want to create a map which should show two attributes of one layer (polygon shape), one as a hatching and the other as a normal color. I have already tried "Multiple Attributes" in the "Symbologie"-Tab in the layer options, but there I can only see the options "color ramp" and "symbol size".

Thank you for your help.
Best regards
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
HendrikHövel
New Contributor
Firstly thanks for the fast answer 😉

The data types of the attributes are both text strings each with three to four value variations. That means a manageable amount of six combinations. I think I'll try your proposal of copying the layer. It seems a bit circumstantially and inelegantly though, so I'd be thankful for further suggestions.

Best regards,
0 Kudos
CPoynter
Occasional Contributor III
If you only have 6 combinations, I suggest making a custom style with a polygon fill colour and a different form of hatching over your colours. Create a concatenated field or a 'class / category' field that you can name and apply your custom style to match.

Can you give an  example of your data combinations.

Regards,

Craig
0 Kudos
HendrikHövel
New Contributor
For the case I described above I decided to create a custom style with multiple symbol layers. The Data Combinations were "yes"-, "no"- and "partly"-strings.

For another case which was more complex with regard to the number of combinations I adopted the first advise. I copied the layer and created two symbologies, one hatching and one color filling. As proposed I converted the legend to a graphic, worked fine.

Thanks a lot for you help, done 😉
0 Kudos