Select to view content in your preferred language

Missing Domain Description in a Published Map Service

11-01-2022 04:10 AM
Labels (1)
majdi_turkman
New Contributor II

When a service is published (using ArcGIS Pro 3.0) to the Portal (v11.0), domains set to fields are not acknowledged with the service, and I can only see the coded value but not the description. Service data is referenced from an Enterprise geodatabase (SQL Server).

Any ideas???

0 Kudos
6 Replies
GeorginaScholes
Esri Contributor

Do you have the Transfer Field Domain Descriptions setting turned on in Geoprocessing Environements:

0 Kudos
JackFanZhang
Occasional Contributor

I had the same issue. ArcGIS Pro 2.9.5, ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9, SQL database. Tried the suggestion above didn't fix the issue (not sure if that's really a needed step anyway). 

The trick here is that the Enable schema lock has to be turned on when publishing. Dont know if this has been documented by ESRI.

0 Kudos
msummers
New Contributor

If you have a large number of coded value domains, you may have more than are included by default.

You can change the value when sharing a map image layer from Pro under the configuration tab > Advanced.

Expand the Advanced heading to set the following parameters:

• Enter a value in the Max number of coded domains box to specify the maximum number of domain codes returned from fields, subtypes, layers, and tables. The default value is 25,000."

0 Kudos
OfraAi
by
New Contributor III

I have the same problem

I have an existing layer with two fields with domains (text-text). Today I've added some more fields with domains (code-text). It works fine in PRO. After publishing - the fields were added but not the domains.

Arc GIS Enterprise 11.1 and PRO 3.0.3

I've checked all the above but it's still not working. Any other idea?

Thanks

Ofra

0 Kudos
OfraAi
by
New Contributor III

Stopping and starting the arcgis server solved the problem......

Ofra

0 Kudos
StefanUseldinger
Occasional Contributor II

I am also facing this issue with ArcGIS Pro 2.9-3.2 and Enterprise 11.1-11.3 on two different Enterprise sites (Base deployment+HA).

The best workaround is to restart ArcGIS Server.

Second best option is to change the service instance from shared to dedicated. However, if You revert it back to shared instances, You will again loose Your domain bindings...

0 Kudos