Measurement Widget not working

11-03-2017 04:48 AM
LauraMalkin
New Contributor III

I have a number of Basic Web Map applications hosted through Portal. All of these contain the measurement widget allowing staff to carry out measurements of area, length and coordinates.

I now have some staff members coming back and telling me that the measurement tool doesn't calculate an area although the other two tools work fine.

Has anyone come across this?

The problem is not related to the application as others have no problem measuring the area so it looks like it is something to do with the pc itself.

The tools allows them to draw the polygon and close it, there is just no measurement result shown in the window.

Any ideas please?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JeffreySutherland
Esri Contributor

Hi Laura,

I have a few questions for you! What version of Portal for ArcGIS are you hosting your application on? How did you create your Basic Web Map Application - was it created within Portal (through Web AppBuilder or the configurable application templates) or externally and then uploaded to Portal?

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Kudos
LauraMalkin
New Contributor III

Hi Jeff

Portal version is 10.4.1

The application was created within Portal using the Basic Map template.

Thanks

Laura

0 Kudos
JeffreySutherland
Esri Contributor

Thanks Laura. Any idea what browser your staff members are accessing the application through (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 10, Internet Explorer 11)? Are you seeing the issue across all major browsers?

0 Kudos
LauraMalkin
New Contributor III

Staff use Internet Explorer for access to the Portal maps as we find that the Basic Map template doesn't work with Chrome as sub layers in the layers widget doesn't work.

0 Kudos
DavidMc_Laughlin
New Contributor III

Hi Laura,

Did you have any luck with this? I'm up against a similar issue with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6. Working fine on some PC's and not working on others.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
HelenWhiteley
New Contributor III

Hi,  I have also noticed this issue.  Area will not work in Web Appbuilder apps built within Portal (10.4) in British National Grid.  Those built in WAB Dev or in Lat Long work fine.  We can't see any difference in the requests being sent - any thoughts?

Thanks,

Helen

0 Kudos
DanielFaulkner
New Contributor

I also seem to be having this issue, by where the measure tools functions perfectly for myself, but not others.

Did anyone find a resolution to this issue in the past?

Many thanks,

Dan

DavidMc_Laughlin
New Contributor III

Hi Dan,

Still having the exact same issue.

Did you have any luck in getting a resolution?

Thanks, David.

0 Kudos
SophieSanders
New Contributor

I'm having the same trouble with some users with the measurement widget and the measurement function of the draw widget in WAB on portal, it's not affecting admins only other users and its only happening when the basemap is ITM not WGS 84, has anyone found a resolution to this?