Select to view content in your preferred language

Locator with suggestions not happening

03-05-2024 03:02 PM
TimHayes3
Occasional Contributor

I have created a Locator in ArcGIS Pro 2.9.12 and published it to Portal 10.9.1 as a geocoding service. In ArcGIS Server Manager 10.9.1 the suggestions box is checked. I am working in a Federated environment. 

In a web map I created in Portal, I modified the Search Widget to include my Locator. The Locator parameters are:

Role = Point Address

Reference Fields = House Number, Street Name, Subaddress, Subaddress Type, City, State, and Zip. 

When I type in an address. in the search window of the web map app for example: 3300 Capitol Ave, it only returns 3300 Capitol Ave; but 3300 Capitol Ave also includes 3 addresses with a subaddress as follows:

3300 Capitol Ave, Bldg A

3300 Capitol Ave, Bldg B

3300 Capitol Ave, Bldg C

How can I get the Locator or Search Widget to show a drop down of all the suggestions that would include:

3300 Capitol Ave

3300 Capitol Ave, Bldg A

3300 Capitol Ave, Bldg B

3300 Capitol Ave, Bldg C

Capture.PNG

How can I have the Locator show the above list of 3300 Capitol Ave addresses in the drop down shown above?

10 Replies
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

@TimHayes3 I believe we spoke about this, but wanted to post a response here in case someone else came across your post. In order to return the subaddress candidates as suggestions after typing the base address of "3300 Capital Ave" or "3300 Capitol", the locator must be created in ArcGIS Pro 3.0 and published to Enterprise 11.0. The only subaddress suggestions that would be available to you with a locator built in ArcGIS Pro 2.9.12 and published to Enterprise 10.9.1 is partial subaddress, which requires you to type the full base address, then part of the subaddress. The note in the share locator topic lists locator properties and the versions of ArcGIS Pro and Enterprise that they are supported in. https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geocoding/share-a-locator.htm

0 Kudos