Select to view content in your preferred language

Locator with suggestions not happening

03-05-2024 03:02 PM
TimHayes3
Occasional Contributor

I have created a Locator in ArcGIS Pro 2.9.12 and published it to Portal 10.9.1 as a geocoding service. In ArcGIS Server Manager 10.9.1 the suggestions box is checked. I am working in a Federated environment. 

In a web map I created in Portal, I modified the Search Widget to include my Locator. The Locator parameters are:

Role = Point Address

Reference Fields = House Number, Street Name, Subaddress, Subaddress Type, City, State, and Zip. 

When I type in an address. in the search window of the web map app for example: 3300 Capitol Ave, it only returns 3300 Capitol Ave; but 3300 Capitol Ave also includes 3 addresses with a subaddress as follows:

3300 Capitol Ave, Bldg A

3300 Capitol Ave, Bldg B

3300 Capitol Ave, Bldg C

How can I get the Locator or Search Widget to show a drop down of all the suggestions that would include:

3300 Capitol Ave

3300 Capitol Ave, Bldg A

3300 Capitol Ave, Bldg B

3300 Capitol Ave, Bldg C

Capture.PNG

How can I have the Locator show the above list of 3300 Capitol Ave addresses in the drop down shown above?

10 Replies
leahmaps
Occasional Contributor II

Hmm, I am not having the exact same problem as you, but something similar. 

When I add my custom built locator (hosted in portal, added to AGOL through a link) to a webmap, it will return address suggestions. When I add it to a survey in survey123, no suggestions are returned and nothing works.

I am wondering if there is a larger issue with locator suggestions?

0 Kudos
TimHayes3
Occasional Contributor

I think there seems to be an issue with Locator suggestions across the board. In 10.6.1 I am able to type an address and get a list of suggestions, but in 10.9.1 (with Locators created in Pro 2.9 Patch 12) I type an address and get no suggestions in the drop down as I show in my 1st post of this thread. Even if I have the "Suggest" and "Partial Suggestions" boxes checked they seem not to do anything. I was under the assumption that geocoding with suggestions enabled would be the same or improved since 10.6.1 but this does not seem to be the case. 

0 Kudos
leahmaps

Jeez. Super frustrating. I need to be able to use these custom locators for some projects, but if they won't work at all, I am not even sure what to do. Locator made on 3.2.2.

0 Kudos
TimHayes3
Occasional Contributor

Wow! 3.2.2? What version of ArcGIS Server were you publishing too?

I made a Locator at 3.1.4 and got the same results (but I was publishing to AGE 10.9.1). I am in the same boat. Have you tried calling ESRI Tech support? I have not done so yet, it's on my to do list. But I do need to be able to have my users see suggestions. Yes, frustrating I agree. 

0 Kudos
leahmaps

The locator is published and hosted to portal version 11.2. If I do locate in Pro with the locate or add it to a webmap, it works as expected, just not in Survey123. The only other thing that is failing for me is using it to geolocate. Although the address exists (as I can clearly search for it in locate), it never matches.

0 Kudos
TimHayes3
Occasional Contributor

In Pro 3.1.4 - Map - Find Address, I get the expected behavior with suggestions being seen in the drop down after an address is typed, but when I publish the Locator to 10.9.1 and do the same in a web map in Portal or AGOL I get no suggestions in the down. Let's hope maybe someone from ESRI will chime in on this thread with a solution. 

I cannot understand why the Locator gives the expected results with suggestions in Pro but not Portal or AGOL in my case. 

0 Kudos
leahmaps

Yep, basically the same issue. It won't populate in Survey123 either. How does it work for you?

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

@leahmaps Do you get any results returned when using the published locator via findAddressCandidates or suggest REST endpoints for the geocode service?

0 Kudos
TimHayes3
Occasional Contributor

I am not using Survey123. But yes, it seems to be the same issue. 

0 Kudos