Issues federating a server in ArcGIS Portal 11.1

08-31-2023 04:27 PM
DeepikaJain01
New Contributor III

Dear Team

I am trying to federate ArcGIS Server with Portal, it does get added however I get the following error while configuring the server role:

"Unable to load the ArcGIS Server backing stores and/or the ArcGIS Server license information."

I have deployed CA Signed certifcate in IIS https bindings.

Everything else is working fine. 

appreciate any thoughts

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AmyPalmer
Esri Contributor

Hi,

In addition to the CA signed certificate in IIS and binded to HTTPS, have you also updated the certificates in the ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS DataStore keystores? 

It's likely that the server's root certificate is untrusted and may be configured without a subject alternative name (SAN) parameter. An untrusted certificate includes self-signed certificates and certificates issued by an unrecognised certificate authority (CA).

I would replace the self-signed certificate with a CA-signed certificate within the ArcGIS Server Administrator Directory. 

To generate a new CA-signed certificate and configure ArcGIS Server with the certificate, refer to ArcGIS Server: Configure ArcGIS Server with a new CA-signed certificate.

To configure ArcGIS Server with an existing CA-signed certificate, refer to ArcGIS Server: Configure ArcGIS Server with an existing CA-signed certificate.

AmyPalmer
0 Kudos