how to display X and Y points as polygon?

10-02-2017 10:14 PM
BudurR
by
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have SharePoint list containing X and Y points. It's working fine in the map as points.

What if I want them to be displayed as polygon?? What I should change or do? 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
EduardoAraujo
New Contributor

Where are you seeing those points (e.g webapp, esri maps for sharepoint)) ??

You can use ArcGIS Desktop to transform those points in polygons. There are few ways to do that. Check this suppport technical article:

How To: Convert a point feature class to a polygon feature class 

BudurR
by
New Contributor II

I'm using (Esri maps for SharePoint). I will check the article as well.

0 Kudos
tommykurniawan1
New Contributor III

My suggestions or simple way is process the point data to be a polygon ( polygon shapefile - zip ) , before share in ArcGIS Online. Polygon is series on xy coordinates, not list of point objects. For example us use ArcMap , QGis, etc.

BudurR
by
New Contributor II

how to upload shapefile to sharepoint? 

0 Kudos
Todd_Metzler
Occasional Contributor III

Shapefile sharing must include minimum of three files, .dbf, .shp. shx.  Suggest .prj also.  Find these files in the output location of your shapefile, zip them up and then post to sharepoint.  Optionally, you may include all the shapefile extensions too.

BudurR
by
New Contributor II

thank you. but I didn't get it very well! where to upload them in sharepoint? and how call them in Esri map for sharepoint? 

0 Kudos
Todd_Metzler
Occasional Contributor III

Budur,  looks like the shapefile suggestion won't work directly is sharepoint.  Far as I can tell (I'm not an Esri ArcGIS for sharepoint expert) you've to have x, y and projection data as the source for sharepoint visualization.  If you've used other tools/scripting to create the shapefile already, then you'll (probably) have to back up and export a table of the source data that includes the x, y and SRID data instead, then upload/ingest that into sharepoint.

0 Kudos
BudurR
by
New Contributor II

thank you for your help.

I'm totally lost now!    I'm trying to display polygon in Esri maps for SharePoint. What I have now is X and Y values.   

0 Kudos