Heat map

03-08-2019 11:31 AM
JimGarcia
New Contributor II

I just added a point layer into my portal site, and I would like to make a heat layer to show density of new construction sites. However, I don't have the option to create one when I go to the Change Styles. What needs to be done for this option to be possible?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

are you following this procedure?

Heat map symbology—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

in the TOC right-click on a points layer, select Symbology, then in the symbology pane under Primary Symbology, scroll down until you see the symbolize layer by density section … heatmap is there

0 Kudos
JimGarcia
New Contributor II

Thanks, I was hoping to edit the symbology using the Heat Map option in Portal for ArcGIS environment, and NOT in the desktop environment. I did, however, figure out that since the specific layer was a feature service that I was using, I had to add it in Portal as a separate layer, and I am therefore assuming that I do not have the ability to use the Heat Map option in Portal or AGOL when that layer is part of a web mapping service consisting of this layer and others that were published as a map service. Is that true?

In other words, I am guessing I can only apply the Heat Map as an option when it is a feature service. And if I were to create the kernel density in ArcPro, would it be published only as a static raster layer that looks the same whether I zoom in or out?

I'm new at this, so I hope I am making sense. Thanks again. 

0 Kudos