Grabbing points.

06-12-2013 07:31 AM
PeterGoodman
New Contributor III
Ok.. this may sound like a simple one, but i am a bit flummoxed...

I am using the New Mexico BLM FGDB PLSS grid and points.
if someone can either guide me along with or help me make a new feature class Ill be highly appreciative.

What needs to be done is to remove all of the Quarter quad points and leave only the section points in a query.
The problem is that the data table does not have a deliniator for such.
So, is there a way to grab the points that ONLY intersect the corners of the Sections and NOT the Quarter Sections?

Basically, wherever two lines intersect, I can grab that point. Not the points ALONG the line?

The blue points are my target, but ONLY those that are intersected by TWO lines, not one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25224[/ATTACH]
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor
Ok.. this may sound like a simple one, but i am a bit flummoxed...

I am using the New Mexico BLM FGDB PLSS grid and points.
if someone can either guide me along with or help me make a new feature class Ill be highly appreciative.

What needs to be done is to remove all of the Quarter quad points and leave only the section points in a query.
The problem is that the data table does not have a deliniator for such.
So, is there a way to grab the points that ONLY intersect the corners of the Sections and NOT the Quarter Sections?

Basically, wherever two lines intersect, I can grab that point. Not the points ALONG the line?

The blue points are my target, but ONLY those that are intersected by TWO lines, not one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25224[/ATTACH]

Assuming the lines are unbroken (except where they intersect), you could use a Spatial Join with the points as the primary and the lines as the secondary.  You could use the One to One option and set one of the fields to create a comma separated list by accesssing its properties, making sure it is a text field with enough characters and using the join option.  If at least one comma occurs in that field on a point after the join, more than one line hit that point.
0 Kudos