Filter Widget - combinations of filters when mutually exclusive

11-13-2020 10:50 AM
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Portal 10.6.1

ArcGIS Web App Builder standard

Hi all,

I've got 3 pre-defined queries in a simple filter (WAB filter widget)

point feature with a 'type' column, all features are either type A, B or C

filter 1 - Type is A

filter 2 - Type is B

filter 3 - Type is C

the filter works fine when only one is turned on by the 'switch'

The problem is when they get combined e.g. I turn filter 1 and filter 2 on is that they mutually exclude each other.

expected functionality - Type A and B are both displayed, type C is not.

actual functionality - Nothing displays

I get that this is very likely that the 2 queries are being combined with an 'AND', but am I missing some option to do this as an 'OR'.  

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello David,

I agree, it appears that you would want to use an OR statement. To confirm what query is being called, you should be able to open up the network traffic. If you scroll to the bottom of the query request, you will see what query was actually used with the filter.

The doc below makes it seem like you can add multiple expressions. In the +Add Expression section you should be able to specify the OR statement.

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Hi Noah, thanks for your reply.

Ah yes it would be good to look under the hood in the network traffic, thanks for the steer.

I think the functionality is fine until the queries relate to the same field, but I'll have a check tomorrow.

Thanks

0 Kudos
NoahKrach
Esri Contributor

Hello David,

I agree, it appears that you would want to use an OR statement. To confirm what query is being called, you should be able to open up the network traffic. If you scroll to the bottom of the query request, you will see what query was actually used with the filter.

The doc below makes it seem like you can add multiple expressions. In the +Add Expression section you should be able to specify the OR statement.

0 Kudos