Select to view content in your preferred language

Duplicate portal server entry - gw_accounts

03-04-2024 07:18 PM
FraserHand
Occasional Contributor III

Hi there,

Has anyone come across portal adding a duplicate entry into the gw_accounts table?  Accompanied by a "Failed to update account" message in the logs - any thoughts as to what this is doing? Seeing this @ 10.9.1

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KPattison
New Contributor II

Hey Fraser,

Ran into a similar issue on two of our 10.9.1 deployment when trying to upgrade from ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 to 11.1.

My errors when trying to perform the upgrade looked like this:

"ERROR:  could not create unique index "gw_accounts_pkey"

DETAIL:  Key (id)=(0123456789ABCDEF) is duplicated."

It took a few months of back and forth with Esri support (and many snapshots and restores) but eventually I got a workflow off them for this.

It is listed as a bug which affects Kubernetes deployments however we are not using Kubernetes and still experienced it, apparently the gw_accounts table is meant to have one record but a bug occurs which causes it to have two identical records.

If these errors sounds similar to yours shoot me a message and I'll send over the first part of the workflow which can be used to verify your system is experiencing this bug without having to take anything offline. 🙂 

Kurt Pattison

0 Kudos
FraserHand
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Kurt,

I sent you a message last night with my details - keen to see if we are experiencing the same thing as you. Thanks

Fraser

0 Kudos
BenKeller_Esri
New Contributor

Hey Kurt,

Curious to hear your workflow to get around this or if it is still an issue.

0 Kudos
KPattison
New Contributor II

Hey Ben, in short before running any upgrading we had to install pgadmin to the machine hosting portal, sign into the portal postgres database and look for the gw_accounts entries. We had a duplicate entry here which we deleted one of (there should only be one entry here). We were then able to run the upgrade and have it be successful.

0 Kudos
JPeaseKY
New Contributor

Kurt, were you running into an issue, post-upgrade workflow, where item types were altered - i.e., webmaps weren't loading items that were now mislabeled/misidentified? A feature layer would show up as a web map application, for example. If so, do you know of a resolution?

0 Kudos