Datastore licensing

03-09-2015 08:23 AM
StephenKing
New Contributor III

Hi,

Can anyone tell me whether Datastore works with all licences for ArcGIS for Server? We have the Workgroup Standard licence and installing datastore and getting it to work is proving problematic: Installing Data Store for Portal for ArcGIS.

Thanks.

As an addendum, the following error is reported when trying to validate the ArcGIS Data Store managed database in Server manager:

The connection property set was missing a required property or the property value was unrecognized.License manager not responding
0 Kudos
5 Replies
VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello,

I met this issue too, have you solved it somehow?

Thank you.

Vladimir
0 Kudos
PaulDavidson1
Occasional Contributor III

This might help?  Not sure about your case.

Workgroup does not come with Portal and I think DataStore is possibly considered a subset of Portal.

However ArcGIS Server Basic Edition does allow for PostgreSQL installs, which I believe underlies DataStore.

http://www.esri.com/library/brochures/pdfs/arcgis-server-functionality-matrix.pdf

0 Kudos
VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Dear all,

this is a known bug: BUG-000086878 - ArcGIS Data Store is not licensed correctly when r.. , which seems to be fixed in 10.3.1.

Hope this helps.

Vladimir

Vladimir
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

@Stephen,

I realize your post is several months old, but I wanted to provide a response on this thread for the record.

> Can anyone tell me whether Datastore works with all licences for ArcGIS for Server?

The ArcGIS Data Store is designed to be used with Portal for ArcGIS, as part of a technical implementation for a hosting server. It is meant to work with ArcGIS for Server Standard and Advanced editions, for both Workgroup and Enterprise levels.

> As an addendum, the following error is reported when trying to validate the ArcGIS Data Store managed database in Server manager

Vladimir already posted the correct answer to this question. It was a 10.3 bug that has been fixed in the 10.3.1 release.

@Paul,

> Workgroup does not come with Portal and I think DataStore is possibly considered a subset of Portal.

Just to clarify, ArcGIS 10.3 for Server Workgroup at both Standard and Advanced Editions does include Portal for ArcGIS and the ArcGIS Data Store.

> However ArcGIS Server Basic Edition does allow for PostgreSQL installs, which I believe underlies DataStore.

Again, just to clarify, ArcGIS for Server Basic Edition is meant to enable you to deploy enterprise geodatabases. This means you can create and deploy an enterprise geodatabase on a DBMS platform such as: SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Informix, and PostgreSQL. However, this is a separate software install and different to the ArcGIS Data Store.

Hope this helps,

Brian_Wilson
Occasional Contributor III

How many copies of DataStore can I use with one license? 

I want to do some testing and don't want to take down the production datastore.