Data Frame Rounding

01-07-2011 06:39 AM
JoshuaChan
New Contributor III
In the Data Frame properties under the Frame tab there's an option for Rounding which will round the corners of your data frame.

I have a map layout where several data frames are used as insets. I wanted them rounded to match my main dataframe which is also rounded. But when I export this to PDF the square corners are still visible and in white against a dark backdrop.

I tried printing it straight from ArcMap and the squared corners are still there. Anyone come across this able to fix it?

I'm in ArcMap 9.3.1

I tried a smaller sample this morning and for some reason this behaviour only affects one of my inset data frames, and not both.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JoshuaChan
New Contributor III
someone helped me find an old thread on the old forum that discusses this. http://forums.esri.com/Thread.asp?c=93&f=1731&t=135902&mc=6#msgid611353

Transparency in your layers is an issue and may cause the rounded corners to fail. This was the case in my situation. I removed transparency from all my layers and the dataframe rounding worked fine.

The only one that failed was for an imported word document that I placed a rounded white dataframe in the background behind it. For that one it still remained a white rectangle with squared edges.
0 Kudos