Arcgis Enterprise portal with Amazon S3 bucket configuration

Jump to solution
04-17-2022 07:22 AM
SreejithSreenivasan
New Contributor II

Trying to configure portal content into s3 bucket. Configuration is successful ,if we provide "objectStore" values as s3 bucket name
Ex:
{
"type":"cloudStore","provider":"Amazon",
"connectionString":{"region":"me-south-1","credentialType":"IAMRole"},
"objectStore":"portal-contents-bucket" -- working
}

We would like to configure the portal content directory inside one of the folder in the S3 bucket . But If we provide "objectStore" values as folder name inside the bucket (portal-contents-bucket/portalcontents) it is failing. Error message is "Cannot write to the portal-contents-bucket\portalcontents\ S3 bucket."
Ex:
{
"type":"cloudStore","provider":"Amazon",
"connectionString":{"region":"me-south-1","credentialType":"IAMRole"},
"objectStore":"portal-contents-bucket/portalcontents" -- not working
}

Can we provide "objectStore" value as the folder inside the S3 bucket or it should be always S3 bucket name?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

There are no real "buckets" in S3, so I'm not surprised that's not working. When you see item "folders" under the root bucket, they're just key/value prefixes. What you're looking to do is not possible.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

There are no real "buckets" in S3, so I'm not surprised that's not working. When you see item "folders" under the root bucket, they're just key/value prefixes. What you're looking to do is not possible.

0 Kudos
SreejithSreenivasan
New Contributor II

Thank you JonathanQuinn for the comments. For datastore backup(Relational & Tilecache) I could able to mentioned the folder(Key) names, so I tried to do with portal content directory to avoid multiple buckets.

0 Kudos