anyway to do load testing for arcgis services

Jump to solution
09-25-2018 01:00 PM
MRReddy
Occasional Contributor

hi

i used feature server/map servers in web application, recently the application got slowed because of gis services

is there anyway to check load testing like using 100 people at a a time and check the cpu/memory at server side for GIS

can anyone suggest a  method/scripts to check the performance of gis services

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

JMeter is a good, free option to look into. You can simulate load against any type of service as long as you know how to build the request to them.

Another option is System Test which is through Esri's Professional Services team.

Finally, you can create your own performance test using Python and the threading library. You can set up your functions to make export map requests and then start up multiple threads that run the functions. I wrote something like this a while ago, I think it should still work. The other options above may be better "Enterprise" solutions, though.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

JMeter is a good, free option to look into. You can simulate load against any type of service as long as you know how to build the request to them.

Another option is System Test which is through Esri's Professional Services team.

Finally, you can create your own performance test using Python and the threading library. You can set up your functions to make export map requests and then start up multiple threads that run the functions. I wrote something like this a while ago, I think it should still work. The other options above may be better "Enterprise" solutions, though.