Select to view content in your preferred language

Add Item To Portal Invalid Username and Password

08-28-2023 12:23 PM
Erg
by
Emerging Contributor

Hello,

I received a service from an image server, which I added successfully after storing credentials in Portal. However, when I attempted to add this service which was changed to a service from a map server, I encountered issues. The stored credentials now result in an "invalid username and password" error within Portal.

Interestingly, I can access the service through a web browser, use the map viewer, and enter my credentials to view the data without problems. However, within Portal, I consistently encounter the "invalid username and password" error.

I'm trying to identify the root cause of this issue and understand why this new service isn't functioning as expected. I've been informed that the new service has the same settings as the first one that I successfully registered. I suspect it might be a firewall problem. I've already ensured that all DNS entries are whitelisted, and I've also checked that SSL certificates are being bypassed.

Since I don't have information about how the service was constructed, troubleshooting is a bit challenging. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Lerman
by
Frequent Contributor

@Erg  Hi, this is a bug, the bug message is:  BUG-000148992 Inability to add an existing item to the same Portal for ArcGIS using the REST Service URL if the item is secured. The bug description is not broad enough, but it is the same issue. This issue was resolved in version 11.0 and later.

0 Kudos
A_Wyn_Jones
Esri Contributor

Ensure that your Enterprise components (Server, Portal and Datastore) are using a valid certificate in their SSL certificate stores and the image server. Ensure the root and intermediate certificates are also trusted here. It may be necessary to import the root and intermediate of the Image server to your ArcGIS Enterprise components if it's different.

Inversely, make sure the ArcGIS Image server trusts your Enterprise root and intermediate.

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/administer/windows/configuring-https-using-an-existin...

If you're running 10.9.1 and have everything installed on the same machine (assuming your SSL certificates are in place), you may be running into the Bug mentioned by @Lerman

"We've boosted the Anti-Mass Spectrometer to 105 percent. Bit of a gamble, but we need the extra resolution."
0 Kudos
Erg
by
Emerging Contributor

@A_Wyn_Jones  and @Lerman, Thank you for you responses. 

I wanted to add I'm still trying to find a solution here. So I am able to register the service but it will fail when I try to store credentials is toggled on (see image attached)? 

So when this is toggled off it registers correctly. But then when I use service I get prompted to sign in which I don't want.   

Erg_0-1694615335636.png

0 Kudos
A_Wyn_Jones
Esri Contributor

@Erg Could you please check that the deployment is up to date with the latest patches?

The act of storing credentials is a good test of the SSL certificates of both deployments in your case. Please check that the root and intermediate certificates are being trusted on the respective systems (in ArcGIS Server and Portal).

If you have a forward proxy on either of the systems, you may need to trust this certificate too. Please see this article: https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/administer/windows/using-a-forward-proxy-server-with-....

Additionally, if your deployment uses a decryption policy or Web application firewall; you may need to make appropriate exceptions here.

"We've boosted the Anti-Mass Spectrometer to 105 percent. Bit of a gamble, but we need the extra resolution."
0 Kudos
Erg
by
Emerging Contributor

@A_Wyn_Jones Looks like it is a mismatch server(10.6.1) and portal (10.9.1). Still troubleshooting. 

0 Kudos