Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Enterprise for Kubernetes - Ingress Controller Deployment issues

Jump to solution
02-18-2022 09:04 AM
Labels (1)
ChrisDupont1
Esri Contributor

I'm attempting to deploy ArcGIS Enterprise for Kubernetes but I am having some issues with the ./deploy.sh script when it attempts to deploy the ingress controller. Here are a few background details:

•  I have setup an EKS cluster and associated node group within my AWS account.
  • An arcgis namespace has been created in advance, and Resource Quota and Storage Class details assigned to it.
  • I've spun up a small Windows jumpbox in a public subnet to perform the required kubetcl/AWS CLI commands, and have installed MobaXterm on it to run the deploy.sh.
  • I have a Route53 domain setup as the FQDN and have created a pfx for it via Certify The Web.

After entering in the details for the script and executing it, it appears to run fine until it reaches the ingress controller part, at which point it provides the following error before rolling back:writing new private key to '/home/mobaxterm/.install/resources/tmp/ingress-controller.keyfile.key.587.tmp'
-----
error: Cannot read file /home/mobaxterm/.install/resources/tmp/ingress-controller.certificate.crt.587.tmp, open /home/mobaxterm/.install/resources/tmp/ingress-controller.certificate.crt.587.tmp: The system ca nnot find the path specified.

ERROR: Command failed: Run kubectl create secret tls arcgis-interpod-cert-pem --cert="/home/mobaxterm/.install/resources/tmp/ingress-controller.certificate.crt.587.tmp" --key="/home/mobaxterm/.install/r esources/tmp/ingress-controller.keyfile.key.587.tmp" -n arcgis

(Attachment is an example of this). 

As far as I can tell, these files are created as part of the installation process and ARE found in the location in which the script is claiming it cannot be found, so I'm not sure what is going on there. I'm thinking it might have something to do with MobaXterm and the folder paths, and will be looking into using a Linux box as my next test (though my Linux command game is not very strong at all)

Has anyone else had issues similar to this when attempting to install?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristopherPawlyszyn
Esri Contributor

We've seen a few issues when using bash emulators as opposed to a native bash shell, so using a native bash shell on Linux is recommended for the deployment scripts. Since it seems to be having issues with the certificate portion in particular, you may be able to get around it by creating a TLS secret in the namespace yourself and specifying it in the deployment script (option 1 in the SSL settings prompt).

https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/configuration/secret/#tls-secrets

-- Chris Pawlyszyn

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ChristopherPawlyszyn
Esri Contributor

We've seen a few issues when using bash emulators as opposed to a native bash shell, so using a native bash shell on Linux is recommended for the deployment scripts. Since it seems to be having issues with the certificate portion in particular, you may be able to get around it by creating a TLS secret in the namespace yourself and specifying it in the deployment script (option 1 in the SSL settings prompt).

https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/configuration/secret/#tls-secrets

-- Chris Pawlyszyn
Chris_Dupont
New Contributor

Using a native bash shell resolved this issue. After spinning up a Ubuntu EC2 configuring it with the required pre-reqs (AWS CLI and kubectl) I was able to successfully run the deployment script on the first try. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos