Select to view content in your preferred language

Enterprise SDK 11 - Upgraded SOE now ruturns 'Microsoft.Data.SqlClient' not supported on this system.

05-09-2023 12:10 PM
MichaelSnook
Occasional Contributor III

Hello!

I just completed full migration from Enterprise 10.9.1 to 11.1.  I have most everything back  up and running except 1 custom SOE we have was using SqlConnection and System.Data.SqlClient to call a SQL command.  I got a 'System.Data.SqlClient' is not supported on this platform.  Thinking it was similar to the recent ArcPro add-in issue I swapped that out for 'Microsoft.Data.SqlClient' with the same results.  This was working fine before the upgrade.  Does any one have any input on this one?

Thanks!

Mike

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
MichaelSnook
Occasional Contributor III

With my SOE I don't get the '..is not supported' error until I acutally call the SOE extension from an app and I can see the error in the dev console.  The SOE deploys fine and I can start the service with no problem.  With the workaround, the SOE deploys fine but the service will not start due to the 'CLSID...' error.  

Also, it is from a fresh 11.1 VS template and .Net Support is installed on Server.

Stumped...might need to wait for the update (hopefully a patch sooner than later).

0 Kudos
NWSCAD4
New Contributor II

I had that issue after attempting the workaround too.  I suspected this was due to the way that I did the "unzip" and subsequent "zip" process.  So I redid this exactly as Susan prescribed and it worked.  That is, I renamed the soe file to be a zip file.  Then I used File Explorer to navigate into the zip file and pasted the Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.dll from the bin\Debug\net6.0\runtimes\win\lib\net6.0 folder into the Install folder, which I had opened in my File Explorer.  Then I navigated back out of the zip file and renamed it back to soe.  When I updated my extension using THAT soe file, I was able to use my extension and it no longer errored out with the "is not supported on this platform" error.  Now I am getting the "certificate chain" error that Susan mentioned.  Oh esri.

0 Kudos
JohnMarquez
New Contributor

I had the same issue, but needed to copy the Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SNI.dll into the Install folder location within the .soe, too.

That file is already located in the .soe's runtimes folders:

JohnMarquez_0-1702478010847.png

0 Kudos
JohnMarquez
New Contributor

After more reading, a simpler solution turned out to be updating the .csproj with the RuntimeIdentifier tag.

JohnMarquez_0-1702590542860.png