Config ArcGIS Earth startup view

08-22-2019 04:59 AM
MalikThrane1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to configure the startup view of ArcGIS Earth, through config.xml, but it seems like the configuration is overuled by something else.

Codesnippet

<!--Custom or History-->
<startupView value="Custom">
   <camera>
      <mapPoint x="9.5" y="56" z="5000000" wkid="4326"/>
      <heading value="0"/>
      <pitch value="0"/>
      <roll value="0"/>
   </camera>
</startupView>
<!--WebMercator or WGS84-->
<spatialReference value="WebMercator" />
<isShowInExternalBrowser value="False" />
<isShowStartupTips value="False" />

This should start up ArcGIS Earth in Denmark, but I keep starting up in the US?

Is there something I am missing?

Best regards

Malik

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi Malik,

You can always set a startup view from the user interface without touching the config file. Zoom to the target extent, open application Settings, click Take snapshot. The camera info will be written to your user's config.xml automatically, and ArcGIS Earth zooms to the exact view you specified the next time you launch it.

Moreover, the startup view is available in both user's config.xml (for example, C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\ArcGIS\Earth\bin) and administrator's config.xml (for example, C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Earth\bin). When a user has set a startup view in user's config.xml, ArcGIS Earth always honors user's habit/behavior in the first place.

To override user's values with admin's values, you can click Reset in application Settings, then ArcGIS Earth is reverted back to honor admin's config settings the next time you launch it.

Thanks,

Mandy

MalikThrane1
New Contributor III

Thanks for the fast reply Mandy,

Good to know that ArcGIS Earth honors tje user's  config first.

Is it possible through admin's config.xml to reset settings, so the admin config.xml is honors first?

Cheers,

Malik

0 Kudos