ArcGIS Earth not playing nicely with AGOL?

11-10-2018 07:38 AM
TimHoeflich
New Contributor III

Georeferenced images on my AGOL account will load in ArcGIS Earth, but will not display. What is the fix?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

What spatial reference is your AE set to? geographic or web Mercator?

Administrator configuration—ArcGIS Earth | ArcGIS 

What is the coordinate system of your data?

0 Kudos
TimHoeflich
New Contributor III

PROJCS["WGS_1984_Web_Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere",GEOGCS["GCS_WGS_1984",DATUM["D_WGS_1984",SPHEROID["WGS_1984",6378137.0,298.257223563]],PRIMEM["Greenwich",0.0],UNIT["Degree",0.0174532925199433]],PROJECTION["Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere"],PARAMETER["False_Easting",0.0],PARAMETER["False_Northing",0.0],PARAMETER["Central_Meridian",0.0],PARAMETER["Standard_Parallel_1",0.0],PARAMETER["Auxiliary_Sphere_Type",0.0],UNIT["Meter",1.0]]

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

So it is set to web Mercator then.  zooming  to the layer doesn't help? and it loads successfully in arcmap or ArcGIS pro? (assuming you have it)

0 Kudos
TimHoeflich
New Contributor III

Sorry about the delay in my response.  Zooming does not help.  They load in ArcGIS Pro.  BTW, these are actually tile layers.  Would that make a difference?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I would only be guessing at this point, but if you can associate your data with one of these

Data support—ArcGIS Earth | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi Tim,

I tried some georeferenced raster tile from ArcGIS Online on the latest ArcGIS Earth 1.8 release, they displayed well. Which release version of ArcGIS Earth are you working on? Or is your layer in custom tile scheme? There might be some issues on displaying tile layers on the previous releases (before V1.7).

If none of above work for you, could you possibly send the service to us in order to further investigate the problem?

Thanks,

Mandy

0 Kudos
XuewenZhang
Esri Contributor

Hi Tim,

ArcGIS Earth V1.9 is already live and includes some enhancements for tile layers. Could you help to check if your issue can be addressed in V1.9?

You can get ArcGIS Earth V1.9 from ArcGIS Earth | ArcGIS  

Thanks,

Xuewen

0 Kudos
TimHoeflich
New Contributor III

Xuewen,

I apologize for the extreme delay in my follow-up.  It appears to be working properly now.  Thank you.georeferenced WW1 map of the area north of Verdun, France