Select to view content in your preferred language

Error 999999 Drone2Map

Jump to solution
02-09-2023 01:35 AM
janniewu
Emerging Contributor

I ran into error 999999 after clicking "Start" for data processing. Is it because I did not take enough overlapping photos for analysis or the location I flew my drone?

Also, the data points are a bit off. I flew the drone on the rooftop of a building (marked in red) and aimed to flew around the white part of the building (marked in red arrow) for drone operation and Drone2Map analysis trial. Any solutions or suggestions on what the problem?

Grateful if solutions can be provided. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Pål_Herman_Sund
Frequent Contributor

All red marks indicate lack of overlap. Careful planning and a reflight is probably the only possible solution. Lack of a good plan and flight + gcp's is (close to) always the reason for a processing to fail.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Pål_Herman_Sund
Frequent Contributor

All red marks indicate lack of overlap. Careful planning and a reflight is probably the only possible solution. Lack of a good plan and flight + gcp's is (close to) always the reason for a processing to fail.  

0 Kudos
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Janniewu

The points in your 4th screenshot are NOT in the wrong location.  The basemap that you show in the screenshot is a 'traditional' orthophoto, with accurate locations for anything on the ground, but that tall building is clearly leaning away from you.  The top of the building IS located where the blue photo points are shown.

It's very important to understand this, both for your processing and also if you are using this basemap image to do your flight planning!  If you're flying a drone near a tall building and you do not plan for the proper XYZ position of your target, you may crash your drone.  (this is assuming your drone is flying on its own, using GPS.  I'm guessing you flew manually in this case?)

This blog may be helpful for you to understand what you are seeing in the orthophoto https://esriurl.com/3orthoTypesArcGIS although it does not discuss 3D drone flight planning.  Note if you have a DJI drone and an iPad, you can use a free app from Esri to plan and control your flights https://esriurl.com/ssle  

NOW - this does not answer your question about why the processing failed.  The project did not complete setup, so the processing could not continue.   I  can see that the Z values are incorrect.  This is a very common problem for drones, and the Z value you show of 33 meters must refer to height above sea level (not 33 meters above ground).  At your location, the ground ~31 meters above sea level, so this is telling Drone2Map that your drone was 2 meters above ground!  (see my screenshot from https://esriurl.com/map4groundelevation ) 

janniewu_D2m.png

Please review this help document https://doc.arcgis.com/en/drone2map/latest/help/flight-data-geolocation.htm and look for Adjust image altitudes

Cody B.

0 Kudos
RyanWilkie_apca
New Contributor

I've been battling Drone2Map processing errors for the last few months. 

When iterating on error 999999, I've found that changing and lowering the thread/parallel processing count in the processing options helps. I've set my default down to 10 now and it seems to run (when I dont get other errors). Other times Ive had minor success with changing the project/image coordinate systems. Sometimes, the project defaults to a random CS. Most times for me, Changing both image and project CS to something else, then re-selecting the default (WGS 84) or whatever you're working in, then running it usually clears the 99999 error code. **about half of the time** 

0 Kudos
MarkBarker1
Esri Contributor

Hi @RyanWilkie_apca ,

Regarding the thread issue I would reach out to technical support to see if they can confirm if there is a bug there. I am curious about what you said here, "the project defaults to a random CS". For the project coordinate system projects will default to the closest UTM zone based off your imagery's location, are you seeing something different? If so, are you defining specific image and project coordinate systems on the new project page?

Thanks,
Mark

0 Kudos