Select to view content in your preferred language

Drone2Map Error 160281 "A requested row object could not be located"

Jump to solution
03-24-2023 12:57 AM
PeterLarsen
Emerging Contributor

Version: 2023.1.0

The problem is not with the images or GCP. I have processed data in a previous version, but in the new version I get this error. The error appears in the "Adjust Images" category.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
MarkBarker1
Esri Contributor

After reviewing the dataset we found that the camera model was not supported by default within Drone2Map (Autel Evo II Pro version 2). Because of this the image metadata was used instead to attempt filling in the camera parameters. This resulted in no focal length being added and an erroneous value used for all coefficients. 

MarkBarker1_0-1682955528656.png

Default values for this camera model have now been added to Drone2Map and will be present in the next patch. Additionally, a check has been added to make sure that dewarp values are valid.

MarkBarker1_1-1682955555145.png

View solution in original post

MarkBarker1
Esri Contributor

The original issue has been resolved. The problem was a combination of the regional language pack Faroese (Denmark) and issues with importing metadata from the specific drone camera (DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise). When the Regional format in Windows was set to Denmark the camera values were not importing correctly. 

MarkBarker1_0-1683752986612.png
Setting the regional language to English does not reproduce this issue. 

MarkBarker1_1-1683753176843.png

When cameras do not have default camera values in the camera database Drone2Map will attempt to import the values from the image metadata. This is something that is not always accurate as different drone manufacturers can have slight formatting changes or even erroneous values. It is good to double check and make sure that the values appearing in the Edit Camera pane make sense. Importing from image metadata is a function that was added in the 2023.1 Drone2Map release and we are continuing to improve upon it. 

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Pål_Herman_Sund
Frequent Contributor

Hi Peter, never seen that before, but maybe the problem actually is related to the prior error "adding mosaic dataset failed" ? Did you reprocess in the existing project or did you create a new project? 

pH 

0 Kudos
PeterLarsen
Emerging Contributor

Hi Pål

It could be related to the mosaic.

The processing fails after about 2 mins.

I made a new project

0 Kudos
MarkBarker1
Esri Contributor

Hi @PeterLarsen ,

The error that you are seeing tends to happen when the dataset is not actually within the defined coordinate systems area. I was able to test the exact coordinate systems you used with our 3D sample data as it shares the same UTM zone. The dataset processed without errors on the transformation and output in the correct coordinate systems. If you are sure the data is within those coordinate systems, and you are consistently seeing this error, then are you willing to share out some of the data in question? If there is indeed a problem I would like to try to reproduce the issue so we can get a fix in. 

Thank you,
Mark

PeterLarsen
Emerging Contributor

Hi Mark

I am sure the data is within the coordinate system. I am willing to share data so the issue can be fixed. I can only attach 9 MB data, how should I share data?

0 Kudos
MarkBarker1
Esri Contributor

Hi Peter,

Feel free to email me directly (mbarker@esri.com) and you can either share the data or I can setup a shared folder to do so. 

Thank you,

Mark

0 Kudos
FrankiePettitGISP
New Contributor

I am getting the exact same issue with and without GCP. @MarkBarker1 did you find a solution?

0 Kudos
MarkBarker1
Esri Contributor

Hi @FrankiePettitGISP,

We are still working on narrowing down the problem. So far I have been unable to reproduce the issue on my end, but the more information the better. If you can email me your system hardware information and let me know what other Esri software you have installed, if any. If you are also open to sharing out an example dataset I can get a shared folder going. What coordinate systems are you using for your project?

Regards,
Mark

0 Kudos
MarkBarker1
Esri Contributor

After reviewing the dataset we found that the camera model was not supported by default within Drone2Map (Autel Evo II Pro version 2). Because of this the image metadata was used instead to attempt filling in the camera parameters. This resulted in no focal length being added and an erroneous value used for all coefficients. 

MarkBarker1_0-1682955528656.png

Default values for this camera model have now been added to Drone2Map and will be present in the next patch. Additionally, a check has been added to make sure that dewarp values are valid.

MarkBarker1_1-1682955555145.png

MarkBarker1
Esri Contributor

The original issue has been resolved. The problem was a combination of the regional language pack Faroese (Denmark) and issues with importing metadata from the specific drone camera (DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise). When the Regional format in Windows was set to Denmark the camera values were not importing correctly. 

MarkBarker1_0-1683752986612.png
Setting the regional language to English does not reproduce this issue. 

MarkBarker1_1-1683753176843.png

When cameras do not have default camera values in the camera database Drone2Map will attempt to import the values from the image metadata. This is something that is not always accurate as different drone manufacturers can have slight formatting changes or even erroneous values. It is good to double check and make sure that the values appearing in the Edit Camera pane make sense. Importing from image metadata is a function that was added in the 2023.1 Drone2Map release and we are continuing to improve upon it.