Valency check igoring feature class 2

02-05-2020 01:22 PM
SachinChand
Occasional Contributor

I have water pipe, water lateral and lateral point feature classes.  I'm trying to setup a check to flag any later points that split a water pipe.  To do this, I'm using the valency check where FC1 = lateral points, FC2 = water pipes and the valency at point location is set to operation and equal to 1.  Therefore, if a lateral point splits a line, it would be connected to two lines and be flagged.  The issue I'm having is that the check is including the water lateral layer in the check.  Therefore, if a later point is connected to a water pipe and a lateral, it gets flagged, even though the FC2 is set to water pipes (which I thought would then ignore the laterals).  How can I set the check to only look at water pipes and not water laterals. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
LindseyStone
Occasional Contributor III

Did you ever figure this out?  I'm attempting the same thing.

0 Kudos
KumarGaurav
Esri Contributor

Hi Sachin and Lindsey,

If I understand this problem correctly, you are trying to find all water lateral points that intersect with Water Pipe only.

I would suggest a composite check with the following config:

Check1 : Feature on Feature

FC1 - Lateral Point

FC2 - Water laterals

Spatial Relation : Intersect

Not : true

Check2 : Feature on Feature

FC1 - Lateral Point

FC2 - Water Pipe

Spatial Relation : Intersect

Not : false

The output of this composite check will be Lateral Points that do no intersect with Water Laterals but intersect with Water Pipe.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kumar Gaurav

0 Kudos
LindseyStone
Occasional Contributor III

My problem is very similar to the above but not exact.

I have a tap (point) where a service line meets a main.  I need to check to see if the main is split at this point where the service line, tap and main all connect.

0 Kudos