Select to view content in your preferred language

Compare attributes to nearby features

05-22-2024 06:17 AM
TelecomMaps
New Contributor

I would like to create a check that would take a point feature and check its attributes to nearby line features.  

Example:

I have an address point for "123 Main St" the check would look for all streets within X feet and make sure at least one of the streets had a matching street name and falls between the high and low range of the street.  

3 Comments
JayCary
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

This scenario may be supported depending on how attribute values are stored in the participating features. Please feel free to update your idea if the below does not work!

The Feature on Feature check can be configured to identify points with attribute values that do not match nearby line features. Using the Esri local government schema, the following configuration of the check identifies Site Address Points that contain Full Road Name (FullName) values that do not match the Full Road Name (FullName) values of nearby Road Centerline features.

Feature on Feature check configuration

• Input feature class: SiteAddressPoints
  • Features to Compare: RoadCenterline
  • Features to Compare Filter (optional): Roadclass includes the value(s) 'Minor Arterial','Major Arterial','Local'
  • Spatial Relationship: Intersects
  • Horizontal Search Distance (may vary): 500 US Feet
  • Attribute Relationship:  FullName is equal to FullName
  • Invert Relationship: True

Depending on your schema, a similar configuration may also support evaluation of address numbers against road centerline address ranges. 

TelecomMaps

That works for my requirements.  Thank you!

JayCary
Status changed to: Already Offered