Select to view content in your preferred language

Publishing ETL Tool Model with Data Interoperability

05-03-2021 01:13 PM
MuratDemircan
New Contributor III

I'm new to Data Interoperability. I hope you can help me for solving my problem.

I'm trying to add ETL tool to web application by using ArcGIS Data Interoperability for Server. I created a tool which reads the WMS of feature class in sde and export the features of object to CAD file by combining in zip. Like ESRI suggested, I added ETL tool to model in toolbox. Everything is okay so far.

But after publishing ETL model, when I test ETL CAD model, I get an error which shows that the tool is not valid. I tried many different cases and changed different parameters in ETL Wizard. After many tries, I get the same result.

To specify the problem, I exported the model to Python script. I changed the necessary corrections on Python script. But unfortunately, I get the same result. When the function of spatial tool has been started, I get an error.

I searched different solutions for ERROR 000816. But I couldn't get the result from those posts for my situation. And finally, when I run ETL tool in python script, I get the error for parameters with some XML syntax which I don't know where they come from.

MuratDemircan_0-1620071947056.png

Btw, I checked that if when different model was published to Arcgis Server, it is successful.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
MuratDemircan
New Contributor III

Thank you Bruce, you really helped me alot. I didn't know that fmeworkbench.exe have to be opened.  I will contact and open the support about this problem.

0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Workbench starting is a good test for licensing working.

0 Kudos
RenatoSalvaleon3
Esri Contributor

@MuratDemircan   your original issue on using python to run your ETL tool is attributed to the incorrect Python version that you used. If you are using DI server and you want to run your Spatial ETL with python, use the version that is installed with DI Server located, as shown below in the FME Options dialog.  While Data Interop will run Python 2.7 (which is deprecated) for legacy python scripts used in workspaces, it is not recommended. 

RenatoSalvaleon3_0-1628553349898.png

0 Kudos