What is the timeline to have Operations Dashboard on mobile phone?

03-23-2018 01:35 PM
HopetonFerguson
Esri Contributor

One of the most powerful use of Operation Dashboard is to be able to use it on the go (for anywhere, everywhere and everyone on any devise). Operation Dashboard for mobile phone is a very practical application as most managers are always on the go, but would like to monitor and make decision wherever they are. Please see example of a dashboard on my phone that monitors my phone every second.

6 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Hopeton,

> Operation Dashboard for mobile phone is a very practical application as most managers are always on the go, but would like to monitor and make decision wherever they are.

Thanks for your feedback. This requirement is in our development backlog, but it is low priority. If you could share some requirements with us, please send me an email: dlaw@esri.com.

Hope this helps,

Trippetoe
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Derek Law

Our development staff have created a pretty interesting/useful operations dashboard. When we took the dashboard to our supervisors for review/approval, the first thing each of the supervisors did was try to view the dashboard on their phones.  Our project has been delayed/canceled because the supervisors couldn't access the dashboard from their phones.

One of the purposes of the dashboard is to have the public report issues and see their reports on the dashboard along with some other stats about the program. The supervisors reasoning is that the public will be submitting reports from their phone and will expect to see the dashboard from there as well.

It turns out that mobile phone accessibility is a very critical piece to adoption within our agency.

Thanks,

Tom

DerekLaw

Thanks for your great feedback Tom.

FYI, we will have some news to share next week with the ArcGIS Online June 2018 update. I think you folks will be happy.

Best,

HopetonFerguson
Esri Contributor

Great. Thanks.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

FYI,

With the recent ArcGIS Online June 2018 update, dashboards can now be viewed on mobile phones. Please see this blog for details,

Strategies & Best Practices for using Dashboards on your Smartphone 

Hope this helps,

HopetonFerguson
Esri Contributor

Awesome. I love that. I need to test it out. Great job guys.

0 Kudos