Visuals lost after changing datasource

03-02-2022 08:20 AM
fasl
by
New Contributor II

Hi! 

I had a whole Dashboard ready to be published, nice and clean, but I changed my data source and now everything is ruined, I have to start over. In all my visuals (graphs, indexes) it says "data not reached" 

I was using a table that had been added to my content in ArcGis Online, but I replaced it with a table that I saved in my companies .sde. So part of the table's name changed a bit.

Is there any way to force Dashboard to replace one data with another? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Check out the ArcGIS Assistant. You can open up a Dashboard's JSON definition and directly make edits to it there. Simply replace the service URL in the datasets area. As long as the schema of the table hasn't changed, your dashboard should continue to work just fine.

jcarlson_0-1646238279401.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for pointing out this tool. I've been using the old AGO Assistant for a while and wasn't aware of the new version.

jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It is, unfortunately, not open source like the old tool. Or at least, I can't seem to find this new thing on GitHub in the Esri repos anywhere. But it is a bit nicer to navigate.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
fasl
by
New Contributor II

I don't have access to Assistant through my companie's portal. I'm surprised Dashboard doesn't have an easy way to change it 

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You could attempt to use the now-deprecated AGO Assistant. It's basically the same, but it hasn't been updated. You can log into your Portal from the AGO Assistant without registering the app in the portal.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
fasl
by
New Contributor II

Thanks ! I managed to sign in using my company's portal link. 

So it's very easy to solve this issue, I just had to replace the layerID with the new table's ID.

And to find this ID I just created a new graph and found it in the Edit JSON tool.