Select to view content in your preferred language

Tasks in calendar inside dashboard

12-17-2021 05:56 AM
mykola
by
Occasional Contributor

Good day,

My question perhaps has nothing to do with dashboard itself but because we want to create the following solution as a part of dashboard I decided to ask here.

We received a request to create dashboard with calendar view where the projects are pulled from other database and are ordered inside the calendar based on dates and other attributes in a feature class. Also each day in the calendar should be connected to the main map. So far I have no more information about the project. I wonder if anyone has ever seen it implemented or did it themselves. 

Many thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Interesting idea! I don't know that you could get something to actually resemble a calendar grid, but you could create a List widget with one row per day and link that to the map and other layers as needed. It might require the use of a data expression.

You probably need more information from the person requesting it to determine how complex this will be. If you wanted a list with something like a count of tasks for any given date, and clicking a date will update another widget displaying task details, that's easy.

If you want a list with an entry per date, along with a breakdown of task details for that particular date, that gets a bit more complex. But still possible!

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
mykola
by
Occasional Contributor

Yeah I think it is an interesting idea as well. I have been looking online but haven´t found anything closely related to this. I suppose the only solution would be a construction of such view from scratch as a separate web page an embed in dashboard. I cannot use List widget because it should be as a fully operational calendar view. I will get more info from them later so maybe there is a solution to bypass calendar view and have a list. 

0 Kudos