Select to view content in your preferred language

Symbology from ArcGIS Online Map not refreshing in ArcGIS Dashboard

01-17-2023 04:39 AM
WH1981
by
Regular Contributor

Hello,

I have made a Map in ArcGIS Online with a layer in it. And i  made a Dasboard with the same Map in it.

When i change the color of "voet" to yellow in the symbology of the Map the color doesn't  change in the Dashboard automatically. I have a refresh setting.  Why is this happening? It only works when i refresh the whole internet page.

Dashboard.JPGMap.JPGMap_refresh.JPG

Hope to hear from you soon.

best regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The Dashboard is reading the map's JSON when it initially loads, so it will only see the map's settings (symbology being one of them) when the page is opened.

It would be the same as having the web map open in two tabs. There's no way for the other page to "see" that the JSON has been updated without re-reading the whole thing, and that only happens when the page loads.

The "refresh" setting refers to the data, for features being added/edited/deleted, but does not apply to any layer settings.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
WH1981
by
Regular Contributor

Hello Josh,

Thanks for your answer! It's clear now for me.

We are using a postgresql database and connect that to ArcGIS Pro. We exported the connection layer to ArcGIS Online and the model below will empty and fill the ArcGIS Online layer with new data for our ArcGIS Online Webmap > Dashboard. Do you find this a good way to handle postgresql data?  

sensor.JPG

Like to hear from you.

0 Kudos