Pass Extent as Url Parameter to Embedded Content?

03-02-2020 01:29 PM
NFlourish
Occasional Contributor

Hey folks. I am trying to figure out how I can pass the extent of a map as a Url Parameter to an embedded content item. I can see that the map action allows me to target an embedded content item ... when it runs the action, does the target have anyway to find the extent of the map in Ops Dashboard?

Use case: we are integrating data downloads using the Hub Content Library (open data). The idea is that you can apply filters in the dashboard, and they are passed as url params to the Hub content library _page_ for a particular dataset. We can pass field values to the content library item page to setup the filter... and that works fine. But I want to pre-zoom the map of the content library item page. There is a URL param available for this in Hub's content library item page ... extent=topX topY bottomX bottomY (or something like that). So Hub and Open Data are all set to receive something... how do I get that information _out_ of Ops Dashboard?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NFlourish
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nicholas,

> I am trying to figure out how I can pass the extent of a map as a Url Parameter to an embedded content item. I can see that the map action allows me to target an embedded content item ... when it runs the action, does the target have anyway to find the extent of the map in Ops Dashboard?

Sorry, this functionality is not currently possible in Operations Dashboard. Please submit an enhancement request on the ArcGIS Ideas site for Operations Dashboard.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
MonarchAdmin
New Contributor II

A way around this could be by storing the extent in a data layer and using this link: Embedded content—ArcGIS Dashboards | Documentation  create a dynamic URL using the feature from the data layer. This may not work for your specific application, but I found it a helpful (though long..) workaround. 

0 Kudos