Operations Dashboard URL Parameter error

08-30-2018 11:59 AM
SanhitaChatterjee2
New Contributor II

I have created an app using operations dashboard which shows the details of each retail store when selected either on the map or from the dropdown in the Category selector. We have WAB application with store data and multiple other layers which is currently used company wide. The goal is to click on a store in WAB which will open the operations dashboard and zoom/select that store which will update all the details on the dashboard. What query or select parameter should I use for the operations dashboard url to query each feature. Using the following does not work: https://<AGOL url>/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/<appid>&query=<layer id>,<field name>=3336

What am i missing? or url parameter will simply not work with ops dashboard?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sanhita,

> The goal is to click on a store in WAB which will open the operations dashboard and zoom/select that store which will update all the details on the dashboard. What query or select parameter should I use for the operations dashboard url to query each feature. 

What you want to do is currently not possible with Operations Dashboard, but we do have this functionality (i.e., support for custom URL parameters) on our development roadmap. Please vote for the enhancement on the ArcGIS Ideas site to help prioritize it,

URL Scheme Parameters for Dashboard for ArcGIS

Hope this helps,

DerekLaw

Hi Sanhita,

Update: We added support for URL parameters to Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS in the recent ArcGIS Online December 2018 update. Please see this blog for details,

Make your Dashboards more Dynamic using URL Parameters 

Hope this helps,

PeterStiegler
Esri Contributor

Great Post Derek Law, thank you!

A question in this context, is it also possible to apply the URL Paramenters to a map?

As an example, the Dashboard has 3 different map views and I want to call map B with the URL?

Thank you

Peter

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Peter,

> ... is it also possible to apply the URL Paramenters to a map? As an example, the Dashboard has 3 different map views and I want to call map B with the URL?

When you say "map views" do you mean 3 different Map elements within the Dashboard? or something else? So you want to leverage URL parameters to "activate" one of the Map elements? is that right? Are the 3 Map elements stacked on top of each other, and you want one to display above the others? or could you please elaborate on your workflow?

0 Kudos
PeterStiegler
Esri Contributor

Hi Derek,

yes i mean 3 different Map elements within the Dashhoard and i want to activate them via URL paramenters.

Correct the cards are stacked.

Thank you very much for your help.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Thanks for the clarification Peter.

Unfortunately, what you want to do: "auto select a tab from a collection of stacked elements" is currently not possible in Ops Dashboard. Please submit an enhancement request on the ArcGIS Ideas site.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
PeterStiegler
Esri Contributor

Thank you Derek for that information.

I will submit an enhancement. 

Have great day!

Peter

0 Kudos