Operations Dashboard Map Actions Does Not Zoom

Jump to solution
01-03-2018 07:20 PM
MeleKoneya
Occasional Contributor III

I have an Operations Dashboard with Fire Hydrants for annual flushing that were assigned by Shift.  I have added a category selector and it works to filter based on the shift.

I am trying to get the map to zoom after the filter is applied. 

I see the subset filtered out, but it does not zoom.    I have configured the map action to when selection changes on the hydrant to zoom,  but am I missing something?   The map does not zoom to the filtered hydrants.

Thanks,

Mele

18 Replies
DavidNyenhuis1
Esri Contributor

The ability to configure a zoom action on a category selector using Grouped Values is coming in the next release in April 2018. Enjoy.

DavidNyenhuis1
Esri Contributor

Hi Mele Koneya‌. Unfortunately, this feature had to be bumped to a future release in order to address some complexities. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

MeleKoneya

Thanks for the update!    Look forward to seeing it when it is ready for release.

0 Kudos
WhitneyLoy
New Contributor III

Hi David. This feature seemed to work briefly for about 24 hours last Thursday, 4/12. I was able to use it on a new Dashboard I was working on. On Friday morning, the options to zoom or flash were gone. They worked fine for me while they were there.

JoeBryant1

It's been 4 years and 1 major redesign. Does this still not work?

Hayley
by
Occasional Contributor II

Any update on this enhancement?

HL
JoeBryant1

@DavidNyenhuis1 Are you still on the Dashboards team? What's going on with this?

DavidNyenhuis1
Esri Contributor

Yep, as you mentioned below, this has been implemented, as shown here
All the best

JoeBryant1

It looks like this may have been implemented under a different Idea:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-dashboards-ideas/allow-category-selector-to-zoom-to-selection/i...

In the June 2022 release of ArcGIS Dashboards, elements with categories based on grouped values (such as a category selector) can now target maps with pan, zoom, and flash actions.