Operations Dashboard Bug? - Labels in Map Prevents Dashboard Browser View from Loading

09-12-2014 08:33 AM
DanAllen
Occasional Contributor III
  1. Create ArcGIS.com map with a feature service hosted in ArcGIS.com
  2. Create Operation Dashboard View (desktop windows)
  3. Log into ArcGIS.com, and Open web version of Dashboard in Browser - Everything works great.
  4. Turn on labels in ArcGIS.com map
  5. Open Web version of Dashboard in Browser - Map never loads
  6. Turn Labels off In ArcGIS.com Map
  7. Open Web version of Dashboard in Browser - Map Still does not load

Is anyone else able to reproduce this error?

Dan

Tags (1)
23 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Dan,

Yes, I have been able to reproduce this.

Labeling enabled with the mapviewer is currenlty not supported in Dashboard.

labelson.png

Mark

MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

An update

The September update to ArcGIS online should enable label support for Operations Views opened in the web browser.

At the time of this writing there is no definitive timeline for when map viewer map labeling will be supported in the Windows Dashboard Application.

Mark

DanAllen

Thanks Mark.  That is good to know.

Dan

0 Kudos
DriesHerzeel
New Contributor II

Hi Mark,

could you provide an update when labeling would be supported in the Windows Dashboard Application? We are 5 months later now, any news?

thx,

Dries

RonKnepper
Occasional Contributor II

Still seems to not be working? I know labels are not supported in collector but from this post I am confused if I should see them in dashboard?  I have a feature service setup in arcmap to display labels and published.  I then enabled them in AGOL and they show fine on my webmap but using that webmap does not show the labels in dashboard.

0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen

Hi Ron,

Labels are not supported in the Operations Dashboard "desktop" application.  If you create a view with a webmap that has labels, those labels will not show in desktop.  There is an ESRI Support bug for this- ENH-000084219.

However, if you then open the view in the web browser version of Ops Dashboard, the labels are visible.

labelsInDashboard.jpg

RonKnepper
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks, that is useful to know.  Its not a big issue as ops dash is pretty fast but if we want to see them that is a good alt option

0 Kudos
RaphaelSiebenmann
New Contributor III

Is there a timeline yet for feature service label support is the desktop version of the operations dashboard?

0 Kudos
AhmedAbd_El_Aziz
New Contributor

as we are at March 2016. is label support in the desktop version of the operations dashboard yet ?

but as workaround

if you could enable <label features> from ArcMap before Publishing service, you'll get this view at Ops Dashboard Desktop edition

OpsDashboar_Label.png

0 Kudos