Display active filters across multiple tabs in Operation Dashboard

09-24-2018 01:02 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been working on several dashboards that use large dynamic datasets.

I am breaking the various datasets down differently among several different tabs and using various filters, pie charts, bar graphs, and web maps.

I was wondering if anyone has come up with an idea, or had the need for, displaying "active" filters across various tabs on a dashboard.

Here's where I'm at:

If I start my dashboard from this point....

I've switched to my second tab that has bar charts and select a single crime type in a single district...

Now back on my web map and counters tab my layer is filtered, but it's not showing where the active filter is. All the filters in the left pane and in the header are set to show all.

To try to avoid having that "one" person who won't remember they clicked the bar graph on a different tab, I thought it would be useful to be able to see the filters currently being used.

Or possibly/ additionally a "Clear All" to reset the filters.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SarahBenner
New Contributor II

But, how did you get multiple tabs in the dashboard with each one having a set of widgets?  That's really cool. 

As far as getting a filter to show across all the dashboard tabs / widgets, there is the option of setting the action from your left-hand pane,which it looks like you've already done.  Since you've configured actions to also work from the graphs, to get the filters to show up on the left-hand pane, have you tried setting those filters as the target of the graph action as well?  So, they both end up being targets of each other.

0 Kudos