Select to view content in your preferred language

Operation dashboard crashes all the time

03-13-2013 05:25 PM
BenoitMetzger
Deactivated User
Hi there,

Operation Dashboard crashes a few minutes after I launch my dashboard (usually during the first few minutes). I deleted the map, dashboard, tried again and am still getting the same error.

My map contains a single feature service layer.

Any help / comments on this would be greatly appreciated (I am using v 10.1.1.142 trial version).

Cheers.
0 Kudos
23 Replies
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor
I'm reproducing crashes when configuring the map widget as well. In all my repro cases I'm working with a VM. I have not yet been able to reproduce on a physical machine.

VM1: EC2 instance
VM2: VMWare Lab Manager instance

I'm continuing to test, but could folks please reply regarding whether crashes configuring the Map widget occur on a physical or virtual machine in your respective environments?
0 Kudos
GIS_AdminHorizons
Emerging Contributor
Hi,

I am getting the issue on my Virtual machine.

Mark
0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor
After investigation, I've submitted the following defect report to the development teams at Esri:

[#NIM092220 Operations Dashboard crashes on a Virtual Machine (VM) immediately after configuring the MAP widget.]

This is reproducible in multiple environments, the common theme is that this failure is only reported on virtual machines.

I'd be curious to know if anyone has been able to get past this crash on a VM, and if so, what flavor of virtualization technology is in place. I've tested using VMWare LabManager and with EC2 instances on the Amazon cloud (which use XEN).
0 Kudos
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor
Please see troubleshooting suggestions in Forums post here.

Denise
0 Kudos