Operation dashboard crashes all the time

03-13-2013 05:25 PM
BenoitMetzger
New Contributor II
Hi there,

Operation Dashboard crashes a few minutes after I launch my dashboard (usually during the first few minutes). I deleted the map, dashboard, tried again and am still getting the same error.

My map contains a single feature service layer.

Any help / comments on this would be greatly appreciated (I am using v 10.1.1.142 trial version).

Cheers.
0 Kudos
23 Replies
StuartRich
New Contributor II
I am having similar problems with Ops Dashboard continually crashing on Win7 64 bit machine.  Any known work around to make this stable on this environment?

Thanks,

Stu Rich
0 Kudos
ErickLobao
New Contributor III
The dashboard crashes for me when trying to create or save a new dashboard.

Essentially it will crash every time I try to add a map widget to an operational view. If I back out of adding a map widget I can add other widgets and save the operational view.  Not sure what is going on here?

Here's the detailed error message.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01: operationsdashboard.exe
  Problem Signature 02: 10.1.1.142
  Problem Signature 03: 51255cfd
  Problem Signature 04: ESRI.ArcGIS.Client
  Problem Signature 05: 10.1.1.142
  Problem Signature 06: 51254207
  Problem Signature 07: 1c95
  Problem Signature 08: 1f
  Problem Signature 09: System.Exception
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.274.10
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 4cb7
  Additional Information 2: 4cb73f47dac58f5cd4dcade84ad4a232
  Additional Information 3: 13b0
  Additional Information 4: 13b0d6a53e528295ccda66adbe35b175
0 Kudos
ErickLobao
New Contributor III
For further clarification on my crashing issues...

My OS is Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise (64-bit) SP1
0 Kudos
JeremiahGlascock1
New Contributor II

Hey there Eric...

So its been a year but if you haven't figured this out already here's teh solution:

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\8ZDDVWNR.GX5\8CQ7GB4J.0YN\oper...app_f464941b06bea132_000a.0001_ae4f295654969edc

(The rest of the location path after "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0" might be different in your case as that is variable, but it will look similar and when you arrive at the location you will see a lot many files making it difficult to realize which file you have to edit, so in the search box for the folder type in 'exe.config' it should display few xml files.)

Open the one that says operationsdashboard.exe, edit the file in notepad and look for a tag <appSettings> , now  after the tag <appSettings> add this tag into the file :

<add key="useAcceleratedDisplay" value="false" />

Now save the file and try executing Operations Dashboard, it should work.

Hope this helps!

MaartenTromp
Esri Contributor

On a Windows 2008 R2 system the above sollution worked. Thanks!

0 Kudos
RayMcGowan
New Contributor
Also having problems with Windows 7 64 bit and Operations Dashboard. Has anyone found a reason for the crashes?
0 Kudos
RobertoPepato_Mellado
New Contributor II
For further clarification on my crashing issues...

My OS is Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise (64-bit) SP1

I'm having exactly the same problem on this same environment. Every time I try to create a new operation view, the application crashes.
0 Kudos
AlexEvett
New Contributor II
I'm having exactly the same problem on this same environment. Every time I try to create a new operation view, the application crashes.

I also have the same problem.  The application crashes when I try to add a map to the view.  I can add other widgets and data sources, but no map.
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1  64bit
Have .net 4.5 installed.

Has anyone been successful with this environment?
Alex Evett
0 Kudos
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor
Please submit support request with Esri Support if Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS app crashes with any workflow so that you can work with Support analyst to further troubleshoot the issue. Appears everyone on thread is running supported Operating System listed in System Requirements; confirm Microsoft .NET Framework v4.5 was installed using Administrative privileges or 'Run As Administrator' command? Does Windows machine satisfy minimum Hardware Requirements? Check CPU Speed, Processor, Memory/RAM & Video Graphics Adapter to start. Run Microsoft Utility to check processor details (use 'Run As Administrator' option on Windows 7 machines). Provide this information when you work with Support analyst.

Thanks,
Denise
0 Kudos
AlexEvett
New Contributor II
I used the MS Coreinfo tools and manually checked the Server forOS, memory, speed etc.  It all looks good.
I have admin rights to the server.
One thing I did not mention is the server is an Amazon Cloud server.  Not sure if this matters.
I have not been able to get Dashboard working with a map on that server.

I did install the Dashboard on another PC and have been succssful in setting it up with a map widget there.
0 Kudos