Opearation Dashboard: How to create almost identical dashboards faster?

Jump to solution
10-25-2019 02:14 PM
Gustavo_Souza
New Contributor III

In our company we create a lot of Dashboards. All dashboards come from a map that has the same layer template, with same fields, and the dashboards have the same layout. They are virtually the same, the only difference is that they use different data. 

Yet creating each dashboard is an annoying and time consuming process. For each map change, we have to manually setup every single gadget on the Dashboard, reconnect every single interaction, setup the same filters. But I feel kind dumb because while we changed the data, all data is organized on the exact same way. Same fields, domains, layers, we only changes the town.

At the moment this is how we create new dashboards: we open an template, add a new map on top of it, and now go trough every single gadget and link it from old map to the new map. It is specially time consuming when we have to work trough filters and actions that affect another gadgets. 

I wonder if there is any way to make the procedure a little more efficient. A way to setup a dashboard with a template map, and change the map/layers and everything now connect to this new data. I'm not exactly full automation or any fancy solution, but our current method feel kind primitive. 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
PaulHoefflerGISS
Occasional Contributor III

I've up-voted this as well, and it seems like a great idea. Although it is nearly two years old at this point and shows as "New" - somehow it seems to have slipped through the process that assigns other Ideas various statuses.

Kory Kramer, any way to check in with the product team on this? It would be well-received and utilized.

Thanks!

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Thanks for the nudge.  Checking...

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would also suggest you consider merging all of the data into a single dataset given that the data schemas are all the same. You could then set up a filter to get the data you need and use URL Parameters to pre-populate the filter for the different apps. It would save you duplicating effort if the app needs to be altered.