Number formatting in a list in Dashboards

Jump to solution
11-20-2020 08:37 AM
BrandonCraft
New Contributor III

Ok, I am building out a dashboard and everything is working as expected. I almost have it the way I want it. One issues remains though: Is there any way to format the numbers that show up in a list widget in dashboards? My underlying data carries out these numbers to 6 decimal places, which is needed in other places, but in order to have the list look reasonable I want it to only display 1 or 2 decimal places. I have tried some basic HTML formatting, but nothing has worked. That is likely user error. I can't find any documentation that would help with syntax in these list. Any one else run into something similar?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ManishPatel
Esri Contributor

Hi @BrandonCraft ,

Since you already have data with 6 decimal places, what you can do is set the decimal places in the layer in the webmap under Configure Pop-up > Configure attributes option.

ManishPatel_1-1606107400752.png

Once you set the desired places for the number the list in the dashboard show display the correct format.

ManishPatel_2-1606107444866.png

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Manish

If this answer solved your question or if you found it helpful please mark it accordingly to help others who have the same question.

Cheers,
Manish

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ManishPatel
Esri Contributor

Hi @BrandonCraft ,

Since you already have data with 6 decimal places, what you can do is set the decimal places in the layer in the webmap under Configure Pop-up > Configure attributes option.

ManishPatel_1-1606107400752.png

Once you set the desired places for the number the list in the dashboard show display the correct format.

ManishPatel_2-1606107444866.png

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Manish

If this answer solved your question or if you found it helpful please mark it accordingly to help others who have the same question.

Cheers,
Manish
BrandonCraft
New Contributor III

Manish,

Thank you! That worked great. I knew that I could configure pop ups, but I didn't realize that would cascade through into the lists in dashboards. This answer actually helps solve several formatting issues I have been having.

Thanks,

b