Multi Series Chart using the same DateTime variable

10-16-2018 12:34 PM
AndrewHargreaves2
Occasional Contributor III

Hello

I'm trying to create a multi-series chart as described here. However, my issue is that I want two series displayed on the same chart with both using the same field. I have:

• A DateTime field showing the date and time of inspections.
  • I wish for one series to be a bar chart showing the total number of inspections per day (date). I can do this by setting the minimum period to "day".
  • On the same chart I'd like a line series to show the breakdown of inspections collected by hour (time). Again, I could do this by setting the minimum period to "hour"

How do I create two series on the same chart, from the same variable?

Jeff ShanerDerek Law

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Andrew,

Apologies for the late reply.

To clarify, are you asking whether a Serial Chart can have two different category axes (e.g. one for days, one for hours)?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
AndrewHargreaves2
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Derek Law

I'm not sure - here's what I envision:

• Graph of asset inspections collected; total number of inspections on the Y, date/time of submission on the X
  • Bar chart (Split By Field {Date}) showing the daily totals
  • Line chart (Split By Field {DateTime}) of individual asset inspections by time submitted

As the screenshots below show, I can do this on indivudal charts but I'd love to combine then into one. My hope is to see both how many inspections per day as well as the rate of submission so we can see if:

We submit more in the AM then the PM or We submit consistently on those days with a high today, etc.

Thanks

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Andrew,

Apologies for the late reply. I've been holding off on responding until I could check with the Dev team.

> As the screenshots below show, I can do this on individual charts but I'd love to combine then into one.

What you're asking for is not possible at this time. Please submit an enhancement on the ArcGIS Ideas site - although, I think you'll need to be specific on the requirement.

Sorry again for the delayed response.

Hope this helps,