Select to view content in your preferred language

mapping an arcade featureset

Jump to solution
07-14-2023 09:26 AM
mikAMD
by
Occasional Contributor III

According to this, it is "common in the Dashboard data profile" to "create a FeatureSet completely from scratch".

However, I have not found a way to add a FeatureSet with geometry properties to a dashboard map. From what I gather, this can only be done by adding a map that already exists (which has some layers in it).

Anyway to add a FeatureSet from an arcade expression that contains geometry information and can be mapped in a dashboard? That way I would join all the fields I want from different tables into 1 big table, map it, and have different elements react between them.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The short answer is "no". The Dashboard and the Map are two distinct Items, so there's no way to insert your Data Expression into the map's JSON.

The best you can do is to include the geometry in your FeatureSet, and interacting with it in some other widget like a List can send a zoom/flash mesage to the map, to show where it would be.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The short answer is "no". The Dashboard and the Map are two distinct Items, so there's no way to insert your Data Expression into the map's JSON.

The best you can do is to include the geometry in your FeatureSet, and interacting with it in some other widget like a List can send a zoom/flash mesage to the map, to show where it would be.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
mikAMD
by

I think that would be a good workaround. Will try it out and report back.
Thanks for the suggestion!

0 Kudos
mikAMD
by

This is great. It also answers another one of my questions. Basically for the zoom action to be possible, there has to be a geometry in the selected element (I used a table, but I guess it's the same for the list, as you suggested).

So I just created a big table with and all my elements will be based on this source, so everything can interact together. When selecting a feature in one of the elements, it will zoom to the actual existing layer on the map.

Thanks!

0 Kudos