map zoom level when clicking on item list

Jump to solution
12-15-2017 11:38 AM
MikeOnzay
Occasional Contributor III

Is it possible to set the map to zoom to a particular level when clicking on an item in a list?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

For polylines and polygons, the app zooms to the extent of the feature.

For points, there is a "pointZoomScale" property that can be added/modified in the dashboard json (via AGO Assistant or other) to set a specific zoom scale. This property is not exposed to the dashboard creator at this time and must be manually changed in the json.

The app currently defaults to 10,000. So setting this property to a value like 1,000 will allow the map to zoom in more. The setting is per-webmap.

pointZoomScale

View solution in original post

27 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

For polylines and polygons, the app zooms to the extent of the feature.

For points, there is a "pointZoomScale" property that can be added/modified in the dashboard json (via AGO Assistant or other) to set a specific zoom scale. This property is not exposed to the dashboard creator at this time and must be manually changed in the json.

The app currently defaults to 10,000. So setting this property to a value like 1,000 will allow the map to zoom in more. The setting is per-webmap.

pointZoomScale

BrendanBladdick3
Esri Contributor

Make sure to have the correct capitalization or it will not respect the parameter:

"pointZoomScale"

0 Kudos
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

thanks this worked, however my JSON did not have this parameter to begin with, I had to add it.

0 Kudos
BrendanBladdick3
Esri Contributor

Correct, this is a parameter that we had to add to this JSON, it was not already there.

0 Kudos
PaulCone2

I want to zoom to a polygon (buildings) and show some of the surrounding area for context.  Is there a polygonZoomScale property too?  I tried it but nothing happened.

Paul

WilliamTrachtman
New Contributor III

I have the same issue as well.  The zoom to polygons is not very good.  Is there a setting that can be changed for polygons? Aaron Pulver

PhilipShutler
New Contributor III

Did anyone ever provide a solution to change the zoom to extent for polygons? 

MattWilkie3
Occasional Contributor II

How do you get to the dashboard json in order to modify this parameter?

0 Kudos
Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hello Matt,

You can use ArcGIS Online Assistant to get the Dashboard's JSON. However, please be careful when editing the JSON configurations as it could cause errors with the Dashboard. It is recommended to save a copy of the Dashboard, rather than editing the actual Dashboard.

Best,

Kanin