Select to view content in your preferred language

map zoom level when clicking on item list

Jump to solution
12-15-2017 11:38 AM
MikeOnzay
Regular Contributor

Is it possible to set the map to zoom to a particular level when clicking on an item in a list?

28 Replies
dbuchhorn_qsi
New Contributor

This is a great solution....why is it that when we are trying to do JSON code changes people always post screenshots of the code? WHY??? Just paste the text in here with formatting. Having to type out these long strings of code just leaves more room for error. 

0 Kudos
AndrewBernish__MDOT_
New Contributor III

Using only points, I am not seeing any change with the zoom after adjusting it in JSON (photo below - line 111). I have tried different numbers, but no change (and valid JSON). Does this really work in a Dashboard with an Action of "zoom" from a Category Selector? If so - what am I doing run. If not - is there a way to do this?  

Thanks

AndrewBernish__MDOT__0-1682433941456.png

AutumnMason
New Contributor II

Same here, I've changed the pointZoomScale in both the JSON and also in the map zoom scale in Settings. There is no change. My problem is that when the map zooms to a point, it gets in so close I have no reference for where I am on the map, so have to manually zoom out. This is not going to be intuitive for the end user. I am also using Category Selectors for the zoom to map actions.

AndrewBernish__MDOT_
New Contributor III

Yep. Exactly same issue. I did find a workaround that is pesky but effective. I created a buffer layer for each point (my points are scattered throughout Maryland and I set the buffer for 1 mile - not dissolved). The buffer layer has the attributes as the point. I then input those into the webmap and Dashboard and turned off their visibility, but enabled the zoom in the widget to go to the buffer and not the point. This actually worked, but is rather inefficient. Surely there must be a better way..?!

AutumnMason
New Contributor II

Definitely a creative workaround! I unfortunately can't use this method as this data is overwritten fairly often by a select group of editors (the View is what's in the dashboard), and this would add another step to every overwrite that could leave a lot of opportunity for errors and widget breakages. I tried the same zoom scale I had modified in a List widget, and that one zooms exactly how I want it. So I think you're right that it is a limitation or a bug with the Category Selector "zoom to's".

AndrewBernish__MDOT_
New Contributor III

Good point. The updates will require an extra few steps. I will advocate for this addition to the category selector where I can. Thanks for commiserating. 

Druffe
by
New Contributor II

Hello, did anyone provide a solution for a polygon zoom to extent within the List widget? 

AndrewBernish__MDOT_
New Contributor III

Not to my knowledge no. Are you aware of a solution?

JamesShively
New Contributor III

... also looking for a solution to the polygon zoom to extent issue mentioned.

0 Kudos