Select to view content in your preferred language

Map extent wrong on Dashboards

05-07-2020 05:46 AM
MarkCooper5
Frequent Contributor

Hi

I have got a map in a new dashboard I have set up and it is not using the extent from the webmap. Is there a different place this needs to be set as I cannot find it? At the moment it appears to be using the whole of Europe, which is not the map, organisation or organisation region extent.

Thanks

Mark

Tags (1)
10 Replies
EulessNick
Occasional Contributor

I'm getting the same issue - and it looks like there are two things contributing to this. First is the issue discussed above about the projections ... the other is the default base map that AGOL used for my map, which is what ddefines the projection in a web map. It automatically used the World Street Map and has a note next to it saying that this basemap has been depricated (so why is it the default). When I changed to a newer basemap the issue with holding the extent in my dashboard went away because apparently the new basemaps use the acceptable projection. You could also make your own basemap using one of the projections WKID 102100 or WKID 4326 (which are an updated Web Mercator) and set that as your map's basemap. That will also fix the problem.