Select to view content in your preferred language

List intersected points - ARCADE

11-06-2023 01:24 PM
Labels (2)
KJF
by
New Contributor

Hey all,

I'm attempting to produce a dashboard that helps track maintenance to items along a line feature. I have a line feature that is essentially snippets of roads, and a point layer that is all the different items along the lines that potentially need servicing.

I have the layers in a web map and have that displayed in the dashboard with two list and a detail pain. There is also a category selector for the region. When I select a region, List 1 displays all the lines associated with that region, the map pans and zooms to encompass all the lines, and the map extent filters list 2 to show all the points within the extent.

What I would like to have happen is:

1. Select region
    1. list 1 shows all lines associated
    2. Map pans and zooms to the area
  2. Select a line from list 1 
    1. list 2 would then show all the points that lay along that line (all the points should be snapped to the line so maybe an intersect)
    2. If a different line is selected from list 1 the associated points show up in list 2

Some of the points will be listed for multiple line selections as the lines come back to the same place. I've tried all sorts of filtering variations with no success. The two layers do not have a field that can be associated with each other. I've tried a few data expressions, but I am brand new to arcade and have very little understanding of the syntax.

It seems to me that the logic would be, when a line from list 1 is selected, determine all the points that are intersected by that line, then return those points in a list.

Any thoughts or guidance would be amazing!

0 Kudos
0 Replies