How to duplicate an operations dashboard

Jump to solution
07-31-2019 11:32 AM
DavidHughell
New Contributor II

How can I replicate my operations dashboard and have it linked to new data files without having to re-configure all the dependencies?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

After copying the Dashboard, use the "I want to..." dropdown and select "View an Item's JSON".

In the Data portion, you can edit the itemId property to point to the new data.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
BrianBaldwin
Esri Regular Contributor

I would give the AGO Assistant tool a try: ArcGIS Online Assistant 

You can point to your Dashboard item and then create a copy of it.

You could also do this with all of the dependencies and then edit as you see fit.

-----------------------------------

Brian Baldwin, Esri Inc., Lead Solution Engineer
https://www.linkedin.com/in/baldwinbrian
DavidHughell
New Contributor II

Thanks for the quick response. However, if I just copy the dashboard the pointers will still point to the original data files. I need a way to edit the dashboard so they point to new files.

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

After copying the Dashboard, use the "I want to..." dropdown and select "View an Item's JSON".

In the Data portion, you can edit the itemId property to point to the new data.

DavidHughell
New Contributor II

This looks like what I need, but where do I find the “I want to …” dropdown?

0 Kudos
BrianBaldwin
Esri Regular Contributor

Where is the

DavidHughell
New Contributor II

Thanks. Using AGO Assist to edit JSON code provide a whole new dimension to modifying dashboards.

NidaIbrahim
New Contributor II

Hello Brian and all,

I followed the same steps to clone an ops dashboard but in the ArcGIS Online Assistant tool the targeted ops dashboard isn't getting highlighted I mean it can't be dragged and dropped in order to copy it - please see the photo below

How can I clone such a dashboard then? Thanks.

BrianBaldwin
Esri Regular Contributor

This is a limitation of the tool - but there is a workaround.

If you are just looking to copy the dashboard in the same organization (I didn't test between organizations, but it should work as long as you duplicate the map and then update the JSON to point to that map).

So - what I did is to just create a new dashboard (can be blank) and then in the AGO Assistant tool, go to 'View an Item's JSON' - now, copy the JSON in the Data section - and then paste it into your 'new' dashboard. This will copy all of the configurations, etc. over.

ScottEvans
New Contributor

I found this approach to work ... kind of.  While it copied the dashboard over to the new environment, I still had to modify the JSON to point to the correct service id's.  But even then the dashboard needed some manual configuring in the edit mode to get it up and running 100%.