Heat map style will not update based on date selector

Jump to solution
02-07-2018 08:01 PM
GraemeHill
New Contributor III

My operations dashboard on ArcGIS online has a map with records shown as both a point and a heat map, when using the date selector with associated action filters the point layer will update however the heat map does not.

Below is a screen shot of web map from the dashboard which shows the heat map layer and the point layer, the heat map is reflecting all records in the layer but the point layer (3 green dots in centre) is filtering correctly via date selector actions. So why doesn't the heat map get regenerated based on the filtered records? The heat map is purely a style setting in the web map not a pre generated static density analysis output. All maps and content are stored on ArcGIS online with appropriate sharing rights. Zooming in/out forcing a refresh does not work.

My actions specified in the date selector tool - the 'Job Points layer' updates but the 'Job Heat Map' does not.

I thought a heat map would be popular to show on a dashboard but without the ability to filter records makes it almost useless. Any ideas?  I am aware that I can do a 'static' pre set filter in the web map settings but it will not match the dates chosen for the dashboard making it confusing to viewers.

Cheers,

Graeme

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SandraLuken1
Esri Contributor

After the latest update to ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Dashboards in June 2022, a heatmap layer can be filtered from a date selector or other elements. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
41 Replies
DavidNyenhuis1
Esri Contributor

Hi gahill‌,

Thanks for your post. This is a bug that we are working to address. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Dave

GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

Was there a resolution to this bug at all?

Using Ops Dashboard in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 I'm running into a related issue. I have both a heat map and point layer version of a dataset in my map and have some date selectors. 

The point layer is included in a list control on the dashboard and this updates correctly as I apply date selectors.  However the heat map stays showing the results from the previous recordset until I pan or zoom the map, at which point it correctly updates the heat map too.

It does refresh correctly without the need for a map pan if I use the None option in the selector (effectively resetting all the records).

Vince_ERAC
New Contributor III

this WAS working for me in Dashboard Classic, but now in the new Dashboards I am experiencing what is described here. Any insights?

ConnerSchaak
New Contributor III

I am also having this issue with the new Operations Dashboard.

Henry_PeleshBW
Occasional Contributor

We are also still experiencing this for the new Dashboards. Works perfectly in the classic version

AlessandroTarli1
New Contributor

Any resolution to this? It's been 3 years and the issue is still here...

jleija_Pearland
New Contributor

Any update on when this will be fixed???? 

MeleKoneya
Occasional Contributor III

Any changes in the behavior of a heat map layer?    I am not having much success in getting this to work as I would like it to update.

Thanks,

Mele

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also having this issue with the new ArcGIS Dashboard release.