Extend ArcGIS Dashboards

Jump to solution
07-29-2020 10:14 PM
WalterSimonazzi_VicPol
New Contributor III

Hi ArcGIS Dashboard product team, Derek Law Jeff Shaner

I have started a project in my organisation where ArcGIS Dashboard can cover between 60-70 of the requirements. As far as I understand, ArcGIS Dashboards does not have an sdk (as it was the case with the desktop version) to extend it's functionality. I have two questions:

• Is this still the case?
  • Do you have plans to release a sdk, if so, when?

It seems to me that Experience Builder Dev. Edition could be a way to develop more customised Dashboards and that can better suit our requirements however, there are only between 10-20% of widgets ported to it therefore it will require to re-develop functionality that already exist in Dashboards. It's still not an ideal option.

I need to make a decision of which product to use. This decision will impact the project down the track therefore to understand ArcGIS Dashboard future a bit more will help us to make the right choice. 

Appreciate your help. Thank you.   

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Walter,

> As far as I understand, ArcGIS Dashboards does not have an sdk (as it was the case with the desktop version) to extend it's functionality. I have two questions:

Yes

No. We have no plans to provide a developer framework for ArcGIS Dashboards.

If something is missing in terms of functionality in ArcGIS Dashboards, please submit an enhancement on the ArcGIS Ideas site for dashboards.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Walter,

> As far as I understand, ArcGIS Dashboards does not have an sdk (as it was the case with the desktop version) to extend it's functionality. I have two questions:

Yes

No. We have no plans to provide a developer framework for ArcGIS Dashboards.

If something is missing in terms of functionality in ArcGIS Dashboards, please submit an enhancement on the ArcGIS Ideas site for dashboards.

Hope this helps,