Export Widget Errors Out

Jump to solution
09-01-2015 12:45 PM
RonKnepper
Occasional Contributor II

Ok so I have been using dashboard as an easy way to export out data from collector projects.  I have been playing with Survey123 and like some of the functionality but need to also get that data out which I figured the same method would be easiest.  When I add a Survey123 webmap as my source and create an export but when I goto export it crashes dashboard - with or without attachments.  Anyone tried using the export with a SURVEY123 map?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristopherOlsen
Occasional Contributor III

Yes, I can reproduce the crash, but this is not an Esri supported widget.  The Operations Dashboard team can only support widgets created from Esri.  This was created by Esri Netherlands, and would be considered a third party tool.  Even on the item description, it says:

This add-in is not supported by Esri technical support; any questions or feedback regarding the add-in should be forwarded to tools@esri.nl.

We can only support the "out of the box" widgets that come with Dashboard.  Any third party tools and issues should be handled by their authors because we don't know how it was written and cannot troubleshoot someone else's widget.

Have you contacted the author about the issue?

I hope this helps-

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ChristopherOlsen

Hi Ron,

Can you share the webmap and/or view with me?  I'm not sure that this is a supported workflow, but I'm curious about the crashing.

Thanks!
Chris

0 Kudos
RonKnepper

Sure what is the easiest way?  I've not shared outside my organization before

0 Kudos
RonKnepper

I even created a simple survey with just a selection field and photo field and it also errored out though it did export the attachments but not the csv.

0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen

PM sent.

0 Kudos
RonKnepper

Were you able to reproduce it?

0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen

Yes, I can reproduce the crash, but this is not an Esri supported widget.  The Operations Dashboard team can only support widgets created from Esri.  This was created by Esri Netherlands, and would be considered a third party tool.  Even on the item description, it says:

This add-in is not supported by Esri technical support; any questions or feedback regarding the add-in should be forwarded to tools@esri.nl.

We can only support the "out of the box" widgets that come with Dashboard.  Any third party tools and issues should be handled by their authors because we don't know how it was written and cannot troubleshoot someone else's widget.

Have you contacted the author about the issue?

I hope this helps-

Chris

0 Kudos
RonKnepper

No, its not a big deal as I found another way that works but I was curious if others ran into dash crashing.  I would think it would give an error vs just crashing.

0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen

The other thing I thought about too was that there is no mention of version supported on these tools.  It might be good for the author to certify that these tools work with released versions if there are problems with stability.

0 Kudos
RonKnepper

Yeah dashboard is very nice for ops management  and it has been an easy way to pull data from collector but better have a backup cause who knows if things will break with each release.  Just ended up pulling fdgb and a script to pull attachments and skipped dashboard

0 Kudos