Edit data within an Operations Dashboard

06-15-2021 10:54 AM
Labels (1)
MollyMoore
Occasional Contributor

I'm looking to set up a Dashboard for data QC that allows users to fill in one or two fields. As I understand, there are a few workarounds for editing data within Dashboards.

1.) Including a Survey 123 form as embedded content - I have not been able to get this to work because the database that I am working from has already been created and I have been unable to create a Survey 123 form from it due to it not being set up to enable the supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIds option. This does not seem like an option.

2.) Creating a web application that includes an edit widget and use it as an embedded content - I have done this, but I can't find a way for the embedded web app to support zoom or filter actions, so it kind of defeats the purpose. Is there a way to set up a zoom or filter for embedded web apps within the Dashboard?

3.) Is there another workaround to set up editing of data within a Dashboard?

2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Notable Contributor

As far as I know, the embedded dashboard is the only way to edit from a dashboard.

Does your layer have a globalID field?

You may be able to set up an embedded app that takes URL parameters, but in my experience, those don't always work well.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
DerekLaw
Esri Community Moderator

Hi @MollyMoore,

Is there a way to set up a zoom or filter for embedded web apps within the Dashboard?

No, this functionality is not possible.

Is there another workaround to set up editing of data within a Dashboard?

ArcGIS Dashboards was not designed to support editing workflows. It was designed as a type of data "presentation" app. Sorry.

You may want to take a look at ArcGIS Web AppBuilder as an alternative approach. It offers a "dashboard" theme, where the app has a similar layout to a dashboard.  You could leverage its Edit widget capabilities and you may be able to enable some "zoom or filter actions" with other widgets.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos