Details widget data not filtering when using a spatial filter

03-15-2018 08:44 AM
FrançoisFilion-Rouillier
New Contributor II

The data in our details widget is not filtered by the spatial filter we're using. The other widgets are filtered, so it seems to be a problem or a bug with the widget.

Are we the only ones to have that behavior?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
GeorgeLopez
New Contributor III

I had a screen shared conference with ESRI on Friday 08/17/2018 and they could not figure it out as is. They are going to be looking deeper into it and will contact me as per our conversation and let me know.

I have a few questions for everyone having issues to see if maybe we are all having the same problems in other aspects and to see what parameters/issues we have in common.

1.  One thing I am curious about is what version of portal are you all using?

We are using 10.6

2. Are you running HTTPS?

We are

3. If you are running an HTTPS are you having Certificate issues?

We are

4. If you are using ArcPro have you tried connecting to the Living Atlas (with permissions)?

My boss is also having issues with this that ESRI is looking into.

Thank you all in Advance and ill share whatever news comes my way.

0 Kudos
StevenJett1
New Contributor II

I've been having the same issue that is being reported here. For me it is related to the zoom. If I select a polygon when zoomed out, it appears to perform the filter based on the generalized polygon boundary of the feature in the zoomed-out map. Here's an example:

I selected the U.S. state of Arizona on the map. Here's what I see when I zoom in on the SW corner:

The black line is the "real" geometry of the state boundary and the magenta line is the geometry that persists from the selection of Arizona when I was zoomed out. So any kind of spatial filter on the brown polygons to determine which ones intersect Arizona will clearly pick up the brown polygon to the left of the black line (in California), even though it is not in Arizona. As a test, I zoomed in to make the selection and the magenta line followed the black lines with more fidelity.

I understand that the linework is generalized for display purposes when you zoom out, but it seems odd to me that the selection is based on that generalized linework rather than the true polygon boundaries. This seems like a bug?

0 Kudos
StevenJett1
New Contributor II

Images didn't seem to come through. Here is the first image: 

Dashboard selection problem

And Here's what I see when I zoom in on the SW corner:

Zoomed showing polygon selection problem.

0 Kudos